Classes take place on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings, one or two days per week, for a semester of eighteen weeks. A one-hour per week citizenship class is also available to take. Students can join any time.
Schedules of Classes, as of July are to be determined and have not been officially scheduled yet.
Below is an example of last semesters classes.
- Mondays 6:30 to 8:30 pm – Advanced Level 5 –
One class per week for two hours.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 to 8:30 pm – Intermediate Level 2 and 3 Combined –
Two classes per week for two hours each night.
- Thursdays 5:30 to 6:30 – Citizenship Class –
One class per week for one hour.
The curriculum includes basic grammar, conversation, reading and writing, everyday English life skills, speech proficiency, idioms, and various cultural aspects of the English language in a small, supportive and friendly class environment. The citizenship class includes basic US history and preparation for the citizenship test.
How to Join:
Interested students are asked to take a basic placement test, which is available at all times at the
reference desk. Please take the test and return it –including your name and telephone number- to the librarian and the instructor will contact you to discuss the results. You may also e-mail the program’s college instructor, Anthony Forte, at ESLNutleyLibrary@gmail.com for more information.
Books are included in the tuition fee.
- Two classes per week: $200 (a $50 discount is available, based on excellent attendance).
- One class per week: $100.
- Citizenship Class, one class per week: $50.
Thank you for your interest in our program!