Different leveled classes meet on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings for a semester of eighteen weeks. A one-hour per week citizenship class is also available to take for a semester of fourteen weeks. Students can join any time.
Below is an Example of a Typical Week of Classes
- Mondays 6:30 to 8:30 pm – Intermediate Class
Class meets on Mondays for two hours.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 to 8:30 pm – Advanced Classes
Classes meets on both Tuesdays and Thursdays for two hours each night.
- Thursdays 5:30 to 6:30 – Citizenship Class –
Class meets on Thursdays for one hour.
The curriculum includes basic grammar, conversation, reading and writing, everyday English life skills, speech proficiency, idioms, and various cultural aspects of the English language in a small, supportive and friendly class environment. The citizenship class includes basic US history and preparation for the citizenship test.
How to Join:
Interested students are asked to take a basic placement test, which is available at all times at the reference desk. Please take the test and return it –including your name and telephone number- to the librarian and the instructor will contact you to discuss the results within the next few days. You may also e-mail the program’s college instructor, Anthony Forte, at ESLNutleyLibrary@gmail.com for more information.
Books are included in the tuition fee.
- Two classes per week for a total of 18 weeks: A one time fee of $200 (a $50 discount is available, based on excellent attendance).
- One class per week for a total of 18 weeks: A one time fee of $100.
- Citizenship Class, one class per week for a total of 14 weeks: A one time fee $50.
Thank you for your interest in our program!